Friday, June 18, 2010

God will heal their hearts

Adrian above, almost NEVER smiles. He is as angry as they come. He loves to play in the shower though and that's just about the only times I get to see his joy each day. But look at him here - he's absolutely beautiful. And last week he asked Sammy (a B2B intern) for a hug!!!

Above is the love of my life - little Oziel. He is the polar opposite of Adrian and the happiest child in my dorm of 14. He loves to give hugs and he's quite the talker. He is also without a doubt the smelliest before getting in the shower each day. One of his favorite daily activities is to collect bugs and put them in coke bottles. Gross. He can have an attitude- dont get me wrong - but he is for sure the most cheerful kid out of my bunch.

"Who is this King of Glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle." - Psalm 24:8

I am very aware that there is a battle going on regarding my boys.... a spiritual battle for their joy and self confidence. They are the children of God and our enemy wants nothing more than to beat them down. But God is mighty in battle and I've had the privilege to see Him at work these past two weeks in ways I've never seen before. God will win. Adrian's smile proves it to me.

No comments: