Friday, July 1, 2011

Cesareo

Cesareo is for sure the most sensitive of the 14 boys. This past school year has been great for him. He will finish 3rd grade next week and has improved drastically in reading and math thanks to tons of one on one attention from fellow Back2Back staffer – Marilin. He loves to spend the day playing soccer, marbles or practicing on his guitar that he got for Christmas. He likes to practice his English and can say beautifully, “you want a piece of me? I pee and poop in my pants.” Can you imagine which lovely Back2Back intern taught him that last summer? If he can see that I’m having a rough day, sometimes he’ll whip that out just to make me laugh.

To me, it’s obvious to see that Cesareo now feels loved and valued. His behavior has changed dramatically as he used to be rather depressed and would experience deep mood swings. He moved into a different dorm this past August with new dorm parents who gave him all the extra attention he wanted and it’s made all the difference.


The Bible is full of God’s promises to the orphan child. God says that he will never leave the orphan alone, that He will come to them, hear them, make them a home, be their father, execute true justice for them and many more. When I think of all the people who have filled in as Cesareo’s father this year, listened to him, come to him, made improvements on his home and defended him – I’m in awe. God is good and in the midst of seeing orphaned children struggle with their identity and self esteem on a daily basis – I’m encouraged and uplifted by the One who has promised to care for orphans. Greater things are yet to come for Cesareo and here in Monterrey…

No comments: