Friday, July 6, 2012

Sharing Life

I've got a confession to make... I really, really LOVE spending time with my boys.  It's not just a job to me - it's more of a passion, a calling, a desire.  I have my good and bad days for sure and so do they but the truth is - I LOVE being around my boys.  I am thankful that I get to tell them that all the time.  There are so many days when I watch my boys do something for the first time or when we celebrate their birthdays or other major life events that I can't help but think, "their mom should be here for this.  She's missing it."  Playing the role of stand-in mom is an honor.  It's an honor I'm thankful that these boys sometimes tag me with.  Our Back2Back staff get invited to the kids' school plays, graduations, birthday parties, parent teacher meetings - you name it - because their parents simply aren't around.

I am so thankful that God has called me to this place and to these specific boys.  

I'm thankful for the opportunity to make a huge deal out of their individual birthdays.  I'm thankful for their Back2Back Child Sponsors who join in on those celebrations.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to play with them before bed and to joke about any and everything.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be their "guest of honor" at their school assemblies like the one pictured above.  Miguel is in the front row on the far left singing the song "Head, shoulders, Knees and Toes" in english with his English class.  He thought the song was stupid and wasn't planning on participating in the school assembly until he found out that me and Sammy knew the song and had sung it when we were little.


Jonathan, Miguel, Victor, Cesareo, Guillermo, Gustavo, Angel, Alex, Kevin, Tonio, Emi, Alexis, Jahir and Luis - I love sharing my life with you.  Thank you for sharing yours with me.

No comments: