Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beating the Heat

It feels like summer arrived here in Monterrey months and months ago.  The average temperature here in May, June, and July is between 95 and 105 degrees.  I might be from Florida and you'd think I'd be used to the heat but honestly, when it's hot here - it's really, really hot.  I spend most of my days sweating from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed in the orphanage closest to the Back2Back property called Casa Hogar Douglas.  Mexican orphanages - especially that one - don't have air conditioning.  In attempts to beat the heat - I bring my boys swimming at Back2Back as often as possible.  


Many of the boys didn't actually know how to swim so Sammy gave a bunch of them swimming lessons every time we came to the pool and now most of our boys can hold their own in the deep end.  But the crazy thing is - whether a kid can swim or not - they still just jump in the pool.  Talk about a life guarding nightmare.  They keep you on your toes - that's for sure.




No comments: