Sunday, July 11, 2010

Who smells?


Oh sweet Oziel how I love thee... let me count the ways.

This past week we lost power every night almost on schedule at around 9:30 or 10 pm. We'd be stressing a bit between 7 and 8 pm just to make sure that every child was bathed before the power went out. Why? Because after 12 or 13 hours of being crazy little orphan boys - my kids are really stinky and dirty. The thought of putting this kid to bed without a bath is frightening to me.

And besides - I love these little boys more and more with each passing day and I just want to hug them and love them all day - and I really appreciate it when they are clean even if only for 5 minutes if they are going to continue to jump all over me and I'm going to kiss on their chubby little cheeks.

I learned that when the power goes out all night - orphan kiddies dont usually sleep well. In fact, most of them were awake almost all night either yelling at the other kids to wake up so that they don't have to be alone in their fear, or crying because they are scared, wetting their bed because their night light for the bathroom doesnt work when the power goes out or a whole list of silly reasons why Caroline doesn't sleep AGAIN.

(thanks for the photo megg)

No comments: