Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Through the eyes of a child

Out at Rio 3 one cold day recently, I asked a little girl if I could take a photo of her. She said yes. This is the photo I took:

Then she asked me if she in turn could then take some photos of me. I figured, why not? That's only fair... she took quite a few pictures that afternoon. Here are a few:






Every time I'm out in communities like this one, I wonder what life must look like and feel like to these kids. Do they know any different? Are they embarrassed that they live in a trash dump? Will digging through the trash be this little girl's life work? or worse? I don't know but I'd like to dream big for this little girl and for all little girls just like her - She can climb out of the poverty she was born into. And she's probably going to need our help... so what does that look like to me? to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caroline, each child...so beautiful...made in the image of God...so full of potential. I am so glad you are dreaming big for her; so glad that you are making a difference, one life at a time.

With love,
Catherine Kim