Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still Loving it

Before I moved to Mexico in 2008, I wasn't 100% sure as to what I'd be doing everyday or where I'd spend the most time at or what my main job responsibilities would be. The only thing that I could picture in my mind was the faces of the sweet children that I had just come to love. And now almost 2 years later, it's those same sweet faces that make my day. A major difference between then and now though is that I can finally understand what these sweet 2, 3, and 4 year olds are saying. I've concluded that any child under the age of 5 can not comprehend that it's possible that you don't speak spanish. To them, everyone speaks spanish. They just start talking paragraphs as if you know exactly what they are saying. It's cute. The following photos were taken from a suburban as I was driving away from Casa Hogar Del Norte:

these kids are also too young to comprehend that a lot of the time when I'm at their children's home, it's to do work projects. They just think all day is play time. ALL day.
including when i'm literally driving away and saying bye. They just think it's a bigger game of hide and seek - and I use a car to hide.
how can you not love these faces? They make my job easy. They make my job a privilege. They make my life just beautiful. And thus... I'm still loving it here. Thank you supporters!

No comments: