Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praise God!

Most things in my life do not usually go as I planned them in my head or in my dreams. This past Wednesday was no exception. Wednesday was the day that my family would learn of my mom's most recent medical status. For many of us, I'm pretty sure that it felt like perhaps one of the heaviest meetings of our lives - where the results signify more than I want to admit. I had tried to guard my heart and fully expect what was more statistically favorable -- to hear that her chemo is not working and that now she'd stop all treatments and just wait. But once again, I can't predict a thing and God surprised me, no shocked me with the results. The doctors believe that my mom's chemo is working. She now has a 70 to 80% chance that it'll continue to work and that it will actually kill all the cancer cells in her body. Unfortunately that means more chemo - 4 more rounds in the next 4 months and possibly some surgery in June. We all agree though - this is the BEST news we could have received.

Jehovah Rapha, which means, "I am the Lord, who heals you." from Exodus 15:26

Praise God!

Thank you all for your prayers, let's keep praying...

1 comment:

Jim and Betty said...

God is so good Caroline! You and your family are always in our prayers! Give God Glory!!!!