Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Might as well put this on here too

This is the family Christmas photo that was mailed out this year with my mom's Christmas cards:

printed on the photos was: "Wishing you bad hair greetings, from our house to yours!"

So with that I'd like to say Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas season this year. Mine was good. I spent a lot of time with my family. I got to see my niece Olivia a bunch who is now 14 months old and says fun stuff like "elmo" and "bird." She also does and dance and chants, "No, no, no!" Olivia is in the photo below with me looking at manatees on my dock. Owen and I got to take my cousins Ethan and William ice skating for their first time. William (4 years old) refused to even put on his skates but Ethan really worked hard at it.

And this year, all my life's hopes and dreams came true with this...


I have always wanted a huge gummy bear like in the original Willy Wonka movie but this one was bigger than i could have ever imagined. It was blue raspberry flavored and weighed 5 lbs.

And so now I'm back in Monterrey, actually I have been for a little over a week now-- jumped right back into working with groups and going to the children's homes. My heart is pretty heavy these days with everything going on and with prayer requests for the homes that I spend the most time at. I'm begging God to just come in and save the day - to right a bunch of wrongs and to show up and show off like I know He wants to. He's God. He can do that sort of thing.



1 comment:

Rbkh said...

that's an awesome christmas photo and what a spirit you get from your mother! :)

good to hear about you!