Friday, March 6, 2009

Safety Concerns


I figured I should write something to let all of you know that the situation here in Monterrey is not much different than it was when I moved here in August.  What are you all viewing on the news is mostly footage from the border town of Juarez, Mexico.   Juarez is a very dangerous city but I dont live anywhere near there.  I'm fine.  We are taking a lot more precautionary measures though just to be on the safe side.  I live in a gated community with multiple night watchmen who guard the property after dark (this has always been the case but maybe many of you were not aware that we always guarded our property).  And from what I've heard, violence here is between drug cartels and the police.  Americans are not 'easy money' and messing with americans would only give the US govt and armed services a reason to invade and the people causing problems here do not want that.  They are rather intelligent and are purposeful and if you have nothing to do with them- they dont really want to have anything to do with you.  So please, rest assured.... I am not in any more danger now than I was months ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe.