Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kristen Rupert's Music

Meet Kristen Rupert - one of my best friends.  She and 6 other University of Florida Theta Alpha ladies came to Mexico to spend a week serving with Back2Back.  Upon realizing that Kristen could record CDs on my computer, we decided that she had to record some songs to give my mom for mother's day and then this turned out to be a 16 track cd titled "Live in Mexico - Kristen Rupert."  Mom: I got to sing back up on 3 songs!!!! I'm famous!  Not really but Kristen should be.  For years in college I was blessed with the opportunity to worship with Kristen anytime I wanted and lately I've really been missing her a lot.
To the right are some of the Theta Alpha girls who helped sing back up on Kristen's CD in my apartment.  Kristen recorded the entire album on an old Back2Back guitar that was missing a string- but she made it sound awesome.  

You can listen to several of the tracks from her new "Live in Mexico - Kristen Rupert" CD on her myspace music page at http://www.myspace.com/kristenrupert

Listen to "One Day" - Kristen wrote this song after her first mission trip with Back2Back Mexico last year about the emotions that an orphan might feel.  It's beautiful.  And if you'd like your very own copy of this cd or would like kristen to lead worship for a retreat or event - email her or me and I'll get your info to her.

No comments: