Friday, May 21, 2010

Providence of God

Psalm 16:5-6 states, "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."

verse 6 again but this time in the ESV "The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot."

In Beth Moore's paraphrasing translation the same 2 verses go like this: "Lord, in all the chaos and crisis, all the threat and doubt, You caused my life to work out. Instead of me falling apart, the lines of my life have fallen together. Truly, I can say that You have given me a delightful inheritance."

Does anybody else feel their life echoing the truth of these verses?

Beth Moore goes on to say that no matter what in life - or Satan himself - hands us, the favor God has on His children causes that "lot" (our destiny or fate) to tumble out on the table in such a way that, instead of destruction, the child will discover that her portion turned into destiny one trusting step at a time. When all is said and done, she will see that the portion God assigned her was good. Right. Rich. Full of purpose.

Amen.

No comments: