Friday, May 14, 2010

Buy Coffee for Orphans

I love coffee. If you've ever looked into my fridge here in Mexico - you'd laugh and question me immediately about the number of full sized liquid coffee creamer bottles I have stock piled from the states. You can't buy liquid coffee creamer here in Mexico (only powder) - so I have quite the collection of coffee mate and international delight treasures from whenever any B2B staffer goes to Texas they buy me 4 or 5 at a time. So I got to thinking...

MOST OF US JUST LOOOOVE COFFEE....

we buy a ton of it - either personally, for our work place, or for our church

so i'd like to pass along this awesome not for profit that sells fair trade, organic, shade grown coffee from around the world and uses 100% of the profits to fund projects for orphans worldwide.



I was introduced to this organization while at the Summit of the Orphan a few weeks ago. I drank several cups of this coffee personally for days and it’s good stuff.

I even decided that since my mom loves fair trade coffee and refuses to buy coffee that could make a community poorer while some CEO makes a ton of money, that some gobena.org coffee was a great Mother’s Day present.


Check them out at http://gobena.org

They sell coffee from Columbia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Ground or hole bean, expresso, decaf or regular. They have gift sets with mugs and Tshirts if you want. And they have large order subscription deals for businesses or churches if you wanted to buy a ton of coffee at once for a little bit cheaper of a price.

No comments: