Sunday, October 11, 2009

Breath of Fresh Air

God is good and today I feel like He gave me one constant hug... and it came through the kids at Casa Hogar Douglas. Last year there were many mornings, days, and nights where I found myself praying for this home- alone in the old church that no one was using, in the kids' dorms, as I tried to go to sleep at night but couldn't stop thinking and dreaming about what God could do there, or with other staff members who just wanted to see God move- begging for something different for those kids. But in the past year, I can honestly say that i've just seen and felt God move at this home. He is turning things upside down. Sure... maybe they are struggling financially and having a hard time paying the bills or putting food on the table right now.... but I believe that their heavenly father is blessing this home beyond belief lately. The kids are happier, they laugh more, they smile more, they can BE KIDS sometimes. The workers are happier and you can just sense how much more uplifted they feel. Why??? Because God is at work. He's brought them new leadership, MALE leadership for the first time in who knows how long, and these kids are now in church twice a week with the world's greatest worship team hearing and learning and singing about a God who is obsessed with them and believes in them.

Kids laughing and smiling is just about the most beautiful thing ever. I'm hearing it these days.
Kids opening up and wanting to spend time with you is so healthy. It's happening- even with some of the older boys.

I just love these kids and today I got to spend my entire day with them until I was so tired I could barely stand - that's beautiful.

A lot has been going on in my life personally in the past 2 months but today... being with my kids was such a breath of fresh air. There is joy when you can be about the things that matter to God. I want that. I want to be about that

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Awesome Caroline!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know who you are, I've got no knowledge of anything about you, and we'll probably never meet, but I felt compelled to tell you this. Though I know nothing about you, I still find myself reading your blogs often, and it's the blogs like this one that remind me why I do. When I read this blog and the others like it, it gives me joy. Joy in the fact that I know that there is something going on in this world, and there are people who care. It warms my heart to read the things that go on with those kids, and know that their are people that care for them and that though their conditions are not as good as others they still get the love that they deserve. So keep up the good work, and God bless for the future!