Monday, October 6, 2008

The past week has been filled with all sorts of training:  group planning, project planning, market shopping for the groups, meetings.... I'm learning a lot about how Back2Back works from the inside out.   All the while though, wrestling daily with what my niche will be here. Lately, my heart has been really heavy and I feel frustrated in so many ways.  When I try to sit back and reflect upon my life here, all I can think about are all of the injustices that exist today in our world.  I want to do something and make a difference, right the wrongs- ALL of them. The needs are so great and so numerous that I often feel completely inadequate and helpless to make a difference even in small ways. I will never understand why things are the way they are.  Why do some children get sold into a life of slavery or prostitution and others grow up going to gymnastics and grandma's house?  Honestly, I sometimes get really upset with God for lavishing blessing after blessing upon me because from my perspective, it looks to me that He completely skipped over some people and then gave me and my friends all the blessings.  "Hey God why can't you share the wealth?"  And then it hits me- that's right.... it's MY job to share. God knows what he is doing- not some of the time but ALL of the time. 
On my own, with simply the strength of man I am relatively powerless to fight today's injustices.  But through HIM who created all things, nothing is impossible.  One day at a time, one task at a time, one child at at time -- it all fits into the bigger picture- HIS picture.  May God receive glory and honor

Prayer requests:  to not get comfortable

1 comment:

cath said...

Wow, deep and very thought provoking. I love your heart and thoughts. I have felt that too going from the Rio or Cadereyta one day and a movie and Starbucks that night. Its a hard thing to deal with a burr under the saddle as Beth would say. Praise God that He has you thinking, questioning, reflecting and reacting. Praise God.