Thursday, October 9, 2008

The little boy to the right is writing a thank you letter to an american who had sent him some photos and a letter.  I thought it was just about the cutest thing ever.  He wrote once on the white paper to plan what he was going to say and then copied it to the thank you card.  It takes SO many generous people like all of you wealthy enough to have access to a computer and the internet to provide for these children.  God raises up laborers everyday from all over the states and here in Monterrey to love on these kids.  Thank you for sending me to be here so I can try to demonstrate God's extravagant love.  
Today has got to be one of most beautiful days of all time!  The mountains never cease to take my breath away.  Also, in case you were wondering about the weather- this is the first time in my life that I think I've experienced what "Fall" feels like.  It's the rainy season here and is cool most of the time.  I wear jeans ALL the time!  Who woulda thought?!? 
I've been in Monterrey for almost 6 weeks now and I've learned A TON about all sorts of things- but especially construction!  Today I got to work a blow torch and practice with the screw gone on top of a roof.   At one of the casa hogars where we serve, we are working to demolish a non functioning bathroom and replace everything.  Todd taught me how to solder copper piping today.  I'm a wizard with the copper pipe cutter. We hope to finish really soon because until we do- about 25 little girls.... ages 5 to about 7 i think, have to go to another building to use the bathroom.  
A couple of posts ago I told you all about one of the Casa Hogars that was getting kicked out of their house.   This is an opportunity for something better I think- a bigger property where the kids can have a place to play and grow.   2 Corinthians 5:1 says that "if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."  One day, in heaven, these beautiful children can reside in an eternal house far grander than we could ever imagine.  Let us pray that God prepares a new home for Casa Hogar Bethesda here on earth that resembles some of this future glory.  He has a plan.

No comments: