Sunday, September 14, 2008

What do you do for FUN in Mexico?  Well... this week on my day off, I went hiking with 2 other B2B staffers at Parque Estanzuela which i think is less than 10 miles from my house here.  It was AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!  It is now my new favorite place in all of Monterrey.   
All 3 of us had to cross in knee deep, freezing, super fast moving water to get up and around the river.  This is Kenzi crossing/surfing in mexico.
Pretty sure the trails and well.... this entire park was covered with poison ivy.  I'm hoping none of us break out soon with rashes but even if we did, this place was so beautiful- it was worth it.  Okay well... maybe i can make that judgement IF and when i get the poison ivy outbreaks in the first place.  I'll get back to you all on that one.
To the left is a beautiful pool of water that we hiked up to.  They bottle drinking water from this river.   Me and Kenzi have already decided that the next opportunity we get (hopefully this month) we'll be able to go again and explore some more of the waterfalls!!!  i've tried several times to upload some video of the falls but have been unsuccessful thus far.  Look for them in the near future.  You can click on the photos in my blog individually and they will enlarge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! and yes, I continue to be incredibly jealous!

Mrs. L. said...

Happy Birthday!
Today is September 18th! Tomorrow will be your birthday! I remember going to see you when you first came home from the hospital. The very next day, Ryan got chicken pox and two weeks to the day, Linzi got chicken pox, and then two weeks after that it was Lacee's turn! Now all four of you are doing great things! I always knew you would! Keep writing your wonderfu stuff! Happy Birthday! God Bless all that you do.