Thursday, May 29, 2014

Life




John 10:10 says that, “the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

This verse deeply touched my soul tonight.

Our enemy Satan only desires to steal, kill and destroy.  He destroys peace within families.  And then he destroys the family. 

For my boys – this could not be more evident in their lives.  The enemy has destroyed their families. 

But Jesus Christ came to give us life and to give us life to the full.  Jesus Christ comes to heal our wounds, bind up our broken hearts and restore peace to broken families. 

My boys and their families need the light of Jesus Christ to restore to them what has been lost for a long, long time – many for generations.   You see, a lot of my boys have moms or a dad or an aunt or a grandma but none of them are emotionally and spiritually healthy enough to take care of these precious children.  The same family members who were supposed to be loving and raising these children have neglected them, abandoned them, watched while others abused them, ignored them and hurt them.  It’s all too easy to place judgment on the mom who visits her kids one Sunday per month but the truth is – a lot of these moms grew up in orphanages themselves.  They are just as broken, bruised and battered as my boys – only difference is that they are all “grown up” and have reproduced. 

The only way any of this can change is through the light of Christ. 
I need Christ.
My boys need Christ.
Their families need Christ.

And when anyone encounters the living God… that’s when lives change. 


Would you join me in praying for my boys’ families to be restored to a life of abundance in Christ?

No comments: