Sunday, May 19, 2013

What is happening to me?

I'm 28 years old.  I'm single. I live in Mexico.  For some insane reason, I've been here for 5 years now.  Oh and I have 9 boys.

Something - or a whole lot of that is just strange to me.  My life doesn't look like most peoples.  My typical 24 hour period looks insane even to me.  The number of plates and cereal bowls and spoons that I wash in 24 hours is out of control.  Last night for example, I put 15 children to bed.

Chaos.

Yelling.

Demands.

Tantrums.

Laughter.

Tears.

Arguments.

Discipline.

Joy.

Passion.

Calling.

I have absolutely no idea how I got here or how long I'll be here but I'm thankful.

Friday night, me and my 9 boys needed to be in 2 places at once on opposite sides of a very large city (Mexico's 3rd largest to be exact) in a peak rush hour.  Sammy thought it'd be a good idea to borrow one of the Back2Back vehicles so that we could all fit into one car.  It turned out to be a life saver.  We had to leave a government sponsored event for orphanages to drive across town to make it to our boys' soccer tournament game but hit crazy traffic and almost missed their game.

The next day I woke up convinced that I need a suburban so that all 11 of us can comfortably fit in one vehicle.  I'm talking CONVINCED.

What is happening to me?  I have no idea.

No comments: