Monday, June 27, 2011

One year later...


Have you ever noticed how moms of small children sometimes wait till 5 or 10 years later to create or finish photo albums of their children? Parenting multiple kids is a crazy job - it's hard to document. I realized lately that I haven't been posting much on my blog and I've decided to do something about it.

This past June marked the 1 year anniversary of when I moved into Casa Hogar Douglas to take care of 14 little boys. I am absolutely in awe of everything God did to make that happen. He moved heaven and earth seemingly to put all the pieces together and it was all because God, who loves each of my 14 boys so much more than I ever could, has a plan for them. God decided that I would have some small part in their growth and placed me there for that exact period of time. The experience for me was absolutely life changing. In the last 12 months, I've celebrated 14 birthdays, good grades, losing first teeth, learning to ride a bike or rollerblade, potty training, spiritual growth, learning to read, learning to count or their colors, improved behavior, a million "I love you's" or "thank you's" and it's about time that I celebrate that. I spend literally everyday with these beautiful children and sometimes my role in their lives seems so natural or just part of my routine but the truth is - God has done incredible things in the past year that deserve a voice.

So for the next 14 days, I am going to post each day about one of my 14 boys and how they've grown or changed in the past year. Lord knows that I have about 200 photos of each child so it's going to be fun to decide which get posted. Stay tuned...

No comments: