Thursday, December 9, 2010

Strength Will Rise...


I have to admit that I've been a bit "quiet" on my blog lately. I spent a great deal of yesterday trying to figure out why. This fall has been a season of thankfulness for me. I'm just thankful... for so many things. I'm thankful for what God has done in my life to bring me to a place where I literally live on the side of a mountain and I serve orphans. I am thankful for my health and for the health of my family. For those of you who have been praying for my mom and remember my christmas photo that I posted last year of her bald chemo head - she recently received clear scans showing no cancer cells in her body. I am thankful for all of you who constantly surround me with support, prayer, encouragement and donations for my boys. I am thankful for the incredible changes that have happened in the last calendar year at Douglas. I am thankful that I was forced to move into Douglas and take care of 14 boys full time. I am thankful that I can work for Douglas multiple days each week now and that God was clearly training me this summer to be able to give the workers a day off. I have so much to be thankful for.

Last year felt like a war most of the time.... a nonstop battle to bring some light to places of darkness. These days though.... things seem calm and rather quiet. I find it interesting how loud and insane the fight can feel like but then when you arrive to the other side and the battle seems like it's over.... how quietly we move on without really celebrating. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Chris Tomlin song that says that "strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." I feel like I'm just waiting. I am waiting for whatever God has next in store for me. If anyone has ever lived that could tell of how faithful God is, it's me. He comes through time and time again. He answers our prayers. He wins the battle. When God created me, he filled me with a lot of fight - just ask my family. You say, "no" and I say "watch me." So now I'm hoping and praying that strength will rise as I wait...

1 comment:

Jim and Betty said...

hanYep, you are full of fight...but that's why we love you so much! You have fought the good fight girl! Take a little time to enjoy God's blessings. I'm sure He's got more for you to fight for soon.