Friday, October 22, 2010

My Ninja Turtles

Growing up, I always loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I have all brothers and all boy cousins and I remember pretending to be ninjas and jumping off my brother's bunk bed. The movies were a bit scary for me- ask my mom... she had to once leave the movie theater early with me because the ending of the 2nd ninja turtles movie was too much for me at the age of 5. I remembered this when I was in the states this past August and buying every children's movie Walmart had for my boys and I bought a more kid friendly version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. On the days that I take care of the medium aged dorm of boys at Casa Hogar Douglas, we often watch the ninja turtles movie. So last week, I told the boys how cool I was and that 2 years ago, I dressed up like a ninja turtle for a costume party and that the following week, I'd bring them photo proof.

Here is the photo of me and some other B2B staff at Halloween 2 years ago:

So.... I made masks for my Douglas boys too. Enjoy the photos. To my surprise, they were content to wear their new masks while watching the movie AGAIN and not ninja fight each other.

I sort of look like I'm in control here right? haha



1 comment:

Sammy said...

i adore this. in fact it made me cry. imagine that.