Monday, August 10, 2009

Interns... I love them!

Imagine having a core of friends who are your age, LOVE your job, understand your heart for the orphan child, have more energy that you do and push you when you're tired, and make you laugh even when you're half asleep at your morning meetings.  For me Back2Back's summer interns were exactly this and more.  Many of our interns sacrifice summer jobs or summer classes and internships to live and work alongside of Back2Back's full time staff for a month or two in the summer.  They work behind the scenes, prepping and cleaning and running errands or grilling out dinner for 350 people all day.  Looking back on the insanely busy and awesome months of June and July, I'm amazed at how much God blessed me through our interns.  I sobbed my eyes out on the day they left.  It felt like a funeral.  They were without a doubt the high light of my summer and they have left me feeling so encouraged and just much more obsessed with my job and God's calling on my life and live and serve here.  

Andrea and Amanda - absolutely beautiful women of God

Sammy, Meg and Quin at Super Salads.  "I miss them!"
 
My sweet little sister Meg Weaver whose shampoo is organic

OMQ!!!!!!!!!!!!  I loooooooooooove you <-- 10 year old boy

Taco's Fede for Andrea's Birthday, June Interns

BEATING!  Plip.   Sammy, Quin, Meg

Fist in the air!   July Interns minus Mike

Hey Todd!! Do that thing you do! - Lisa Grote

"hey you want to dance with me?!?!  I need a kid" - Quin and Sammy

I miss you all and I'm looking forward to the day when you each return to go to the garage with me and eat half baked brownies, sweat on Gema buses, and of course.... jam out in the donation room.  Speaking of which - THANK YOU THANK YOU for working so hard on Saturdays to make my life so so so so so much easier.  Clearly yall are the best ever - don't forget it.  You are extremely appreciated around here.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was easy to see your love for them. You all are awesome.


Jonny, Hampy, Jonathan (whatever my name is)