Monday, June 29, 2009

Pop Rocks!

Do you remember the candy Pop Rocks?  As a little kid, this was one of my favorite candies - and I was the queen of candy... still kind of am.  I came across a big zip lock bag of about 60 packs of Pop Rocks and was saving them until just the right moment to have some fun with a group of kids.  I brought them to a picnic lunch with the kids from ERJ last week and was pleasantly surprised at how foreign this candy was to them.  I'm pretty sure none of these kids had ever had pop rocks because when they put them all on their tongues in unison, they let out little screams of surprise and joy as the pop rocks exploded on their tongues.  They honestly had no idea what was coming.  It was awesome.  

I'm on the far right of this photo showing all the kids what to do with the pop rocks.

Luis and Vasty showing the pop rocks on their tongues.


Pop rocks on display!

Wonder what candy i should introduce them to next....

5 comments:

Amy Rudge said...

ahhhhhhh, that is awesome!!! you rock my socks off!!!!

cath said...

fun dips, whistle pops, ummmm, I'll think of more later.

cath said...

giant jaw breakers, McCollum style.

kelly912 said...

razzles perhaps? just dont let them swallow the gum in surprise!

Anonymous said...

warheads!!!!! haha that could make some funny pictures!

miss you! -kg