Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Facebook stalking

Ever find something awesome in someone's status on facebook and then feel embarrassed to acknowledge that you were "facebook stalking" and enjoyed what they posted?  Don't lie.  I know you know what I'm talking about.  I did a few days ago and I'm going to post some words of wisdom from a fellow gator alum - Andrew Lisi -- 

 "A personal relationship with Jesus does not mean you have him all to yourself; a relationship with Him necessitates a relationship with other Christians otherwise known as His Church."

What do you think?  Do you think a personal relationship with Jesus involves other people?  Or should?

I feel like I'm being called out here.   How many times do I run out of church the second the service is over and not talk to anyone?  How many times do I say nothing in Bible study and offer none of my insight or questions?  How often do I shrink back when conversation with a friend steers me directly to an opportunity to share my faith and hope in Christ?  Do you ever get pumped up listening to praise music in your car and then as soon as you come home and something isnt exactly how you like it and rip someone's head off?  

Immaturity says that all churches just "don't get it" or "they have it all wrong" and then refuses to do anything about it or get involved with one.  

I want to always be ready to give an answer for the hope I have.  I want to share who Christ is to me with others- both outside and inside the Church.  It's about time.  And I love the Church - Christ died for it.  The Church is his bride and he loves it.  

Hold me to it CHURCH.  I need you out there.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

That's all :)

Hannah said...

Beautifully said amiga!