Thursday, May 14, 2009

Feeling Supported


I was recently able to take a trip home to Florida to see my friends and family. Wow I feel blessed!  The word "supporter" has taken on a whole new meaning to me now.  I'm not an army of one here in Monterrey- I've got a whole team of people who make it possible for me to live and work here and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.  Your words of encouragement and prayers mean so very much to me.  Pictured above are my Cocoa Beach bible study ladies- seeing all of you and being with you for a thursday night study was honestly one of the highlights of my entire trip.  Thank you for walking with me on each and every step of this journey.  
Meet my niece Olivia.  I've been thinking a lot lately about all the things that make life worth living that money just can't buy- my family is at the top of my list.  It breaks my heart to think that I probably won't be able to see Olivia learn to crawl and start walking and talking.  I'm thankful for the internet though and the ability to video chat my older brother and his family. 
Mother's day was really special this year because as my grandma pointed out- this was my first mothers day because now I have a lot of mexican kids of my own.  I even got my very first Mother's Day card -- it's kind of weird to think of myself as a stand in mom but that's one of my roles here.
When I came home at Christmas, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the United States but boy has that changed!! I love the USA - our freedoms, safety, public libraries, postal service, Publix, and american cable.  The longer I'm away, the more I realize how awesome Americans have it.  I was home for when my little brother Owen went to Prom with his girlfriend.  I'm pictured in the back in the boat- we pulled up just as he was leaving.  haha  
I was fortunate to have the best weather ever and plenty of walks on the beach with my mom and my friends, including this one pictured right before a trip to Sonny's BBQ which is God's greatest gift to our planet.  My main intention for this trip home was to spend time with my family and I tried so hard to balance and guard my short amount of time so as to maximize family time.  By the end of the week though, I couldn't help but feel loved by many of my friends who each traveled from far and wide to hit the beach with me, disregarding my possible flu germs, lack of phone, and totally respecting my family schedule.  Thank you friends for supporting me, encouraging me, insisting on seeing me, eating way too much Sonny's, making cobbler, building sand castles and helping me re-connect with american TV.  
Pictured left is me kayaking with jessie, lindsey, kristen, and jaimee.  I have a pet dolphin named Flipper in Cocoa Beach and he paid me many a visit during this trip.  

I just feel so blessed and refreshed and excited to be back in Mexico and gearing up for the busy summer months but I already can't wait until I can see you all again.

No comments: