Saturday, December 13, 2008


Answered Prayer!! I posted on my blog back in October asking for prayer for Casa Hogar Bethesda.  They were in the process of getting kicked out of their rental home and were searching for a new home.  Well... here it is.  It's 4 stories and HUGE!! The inside literally looks like a castle and for the first time, the kids have a yard to play outside in.  There is a lot of work that needs to be done on the home- for example, they currently have NO kitchen and need monetary donations for a kitchen but are currently living here WITHOUT one with 28 kids (pictured above, along with their current director Patty- please pray for her as her job is stressful)

This home is absolutely huge and easily 6 or 7 times larger than their former home.  What blows my mind is how God answered prayer through this new home.  I prayed for a castle and the home has crown molding trim all along the ceilings, it's HUGE, and kind of old, has granite floors throughout the entire home, and a HUGE yard for the kids to play in.  In the very back of this photo is their new fireplace and christmas tree.
The tall large window on the left lights the stairwell on 3 floors.  This is the tallest home in the entire neighborhood.  The owner came down on the asking price -- he lowered the price almost $1000 U.S. a month to make this happen.
To the right is one of the many beautiful children who live at Casa Hogar Bethesda.  This is Citlali and she is one of the younger sisters of Laura, the girl in my blog's profile picture (top right of my blog).  
"The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.  The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."  Psalm 145:17-18
"One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving."  - Psalm 62:11-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this was like a month ago but how is the house coming along? The kitchen?? If there's still a need, I'm thinking of making a donation for the kitchen. If I were to do that, who would I send the check to and make it out to?