Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

In Mexico, "Valentine's Day" is called "The Day of Love and Friendship."  They specifically celebrate friends and I really like that.  For the past 3 years, I have spent my Valentine's Days with the same group of boys as their caregiver.  We've celebrated much the same way over the years - Valentines and treats for them to eat.  

Valentine's Day 2011


Valentine's Day 2012


Valentine's Day 2013

As much as I love the opportunity to love of them and the opportunity to be consistent with them over the years, it literally breaks my heart into a million pieces to think of how many years these same boys have lived in an orphanage without a family.  God has a higher purpose for everything and I firmly believe that.  Please join me in praying that these boys would grow to understand the eternal love that their heavenly Father has for each of them. 

No comments: