Tuesday, November 11, 2008


"Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are- face-to-face!  They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence... Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face.  And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."  -  2 Corinthians 3:16-18



God is good all the time!  In so so many ways I can see so clearly what He is doing here on behalf of these children and it blows my mind.  He is not a God who only moved in the past but He is alive and active in the world today.  Some days when I see others working and fighting for these kids, I can do nothing but stand back in awe and feel completely humbled and inadequate because God doesn't need me here- He will take care of these kids through whomever He wants.  He is able.  The past 2 weeks have been really busy with groups here working, playing with kids, and spending seemingly endless hours on buses all over this huge city.  I got to go to my first ever Mexican professional soccer game - quite different than american football but fun nonetheless.  I'm beginning to feel more comfortable and useful working with groups and my ability to translate spanish for the groups has been pretty good lately.  I get paid to spend my days with some of the cutest kids ever and I love that.  God has not forgotten them and is in the process of restoring their innocence.  After all, they are just kids.  They want to have fun and be goofy.  They want to sit on your lap.  They want someone to hold them when they are sick and feel bad.  And there are millions of kids just like these in foster care in the states waiting and hoping for a family and a permanent home.  Would you consider adoption?  Would you consider becoming a foster parent?  Some beautiful little child could call you mom or dad - think about it, but more importantly... pray about it. 

1 comment:

cath said...

Caroline, I love your insight and depth. Loved talking over our day at the Rio the other night. God has taught me great things thorough you. You are right in that God doesn't need us to do what He does. Isn't it awesome that He chooses to use us and show us His joy in the process of it all. We are blessed.